A Message from Linda Purl
FOR TICKET HOLDERS TO AMERICAN SON AND TENDERLY, PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
1. Donate Your Tickets to ETC
As a not-for-profit organization, your ticket purchases have been vital in helping us sustain operations and education programming during this challenging time. When you donate your tickets, you will receive the following benefits:
- Special recognition in our playbills for the next season;
- Your tax-deductible ticket donation will have double the impact! An anonymous donor will match the value of all donated tickets already sold for the 2019-20 Season, up to $50,000;
- Patrons who donate their American Son and Tenderly tickets and subscribe to the 2020-21 Season will receive a discount to the 2021-22 Season.
2. Credit Your Account
Redeem the value of your unused tickets towards next season.
3. Request a Refund
If a refund is required, the value of your tickets will be refunded to your credit card account that was used for your original purchase. Please allow 10-15 business days for it to appear on your account.
4. Combine Any of the Above Options
Box Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 1-5 pm
Please respond by June 30. After that date, we will credit the value of your tickets to your account. Handling fees are not refundable.
May 8, 2020
We want to thank everyone who contributed to ETC’s #GivingTuesdayNow. Your gifts sustain us while we plan for our 2020-21 Season at The New Vic. As one of our subscribers said, “We never doubted for a minute that you’d be back.” And it is gifts like the ones we received on Tuesday that will make that prediction come true.
Support ETC on #GivingTuesdayNow!
May 5, 2020
#GivingTuesdayNow is a new global day of giving as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. Ensemble Theatre Company is pleased to be part of this dedicated effort to generate support in these challenging times. Like all performing arts companies across the country, ETC has been hard hit by the shutdown of its operations.
We need you now more than ever so that we remain financially stable and ready to get back to building community and experiencing our world through the power of exceptional theater as soon as it is safe to gather together.
We will be back as soon as we are able. In the meantime, we need you to see us through this extraordinary and difficult situation.
Please donate today!
A Letter from Jonathan Fox, Artistic Director
April 24, 2020
Dear ETC Community,
During this COVID Era (and I’m guessing that future generations will mark this period with some similar designation), time seems to move slowly even as things change rapidly, as though we’re living in a reality governed by time-lapse photography. In the short month since the entire world shut down, we have had to postpone our productions of American Son and Tenderly, as well as our fundraising event to support our education programs, The Great American Songbook. We continue to look forward to a time when we’ll be able to share those experiences with you.
At the same time, we’ve been considering ways in which to adapt to a virtual world (which is virtually impossible for an art form that relies on actors to be in intimate proximity to each other and to the audience, whose energy feeds the performance). We’ll be in touch with you quite a bit over the next months with news and online content. Zoom and streaming can never really replace the true theatrical experience, so we know we will be back. Live theater is so important to our community, and I am honored to be ETC's artistic director.
This is the time of year that we normally announce our next season. But because there is still so much uncertainty, we are delaying an announcement until mid-May when we hope to have a clearer path into the future. But I can tell you that John Tufts, one of Santa Barbara’s favorite actors, is scheduled to be part of next season.
I look forward to seeing you all again when it's safe. Stay healthy, and thank you for your support!
A Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update from ETC (Last updated: April 21, 2020)
- "The Great American Songbook Concert" to benefit ETC’s Education Programs — postponed until August (exact date TBA)
- American Son—postponed until late-August (exact dates TBA)
- Tenderly—postponed to a later date/more information to follow
- The Young Playwrights Festival is continuing its workshops online and virtual readings of the plays will be presented on May 16 and 17. Details about how you can watch the Festival will be announced soon.
- The Young Actors Conservatory, including its summer programs of The Acting Intensive, Camp Broadway, and The Musical Theater Performance Workshops, is canceled. We are now offering online one-on-one coaching sessions for monologues and song work.
For all of the above events and performances, you do not need to take any action at this time. Your tickets will be good for the new dates with no additional handling fees.
If you are unable to attend in the future, we respectfully ask you to consider donating your tickets back to ETC. Ticket donations are tax-deductible and will greatly help ETC during this turbulent period.
You may choose to have a credit placed on our account for future ticket and subscription purchases.
In order to comply with social distancing, the box office will be closed to the public until further notice. All staff members are working remotely. The best way to reach any staff member is via email.