Box Office Associate Job Description
Available starting immediately: Ensemble Theatre Company at The New Vic theater is seeking a part-time Box Office Associate.
Candidate must have positive customer service experience and strong telephone and computer skills. Please be available to work generally three days a week (Wednesday/Friday/Saturday), 12:45-5:15 during non-performance weeks and additional evenings during our performance weeks. Weekly work schedule may vary, between 12-22 hours a week, depending upon the show schedule, rentals, and box office needs.
* Selling & exchanging tickets for our live theater and rental events
* Answering questions about current & upcoming productions
* Greeting patrons; assisting with ticketing issues
* Generating daily transaction reports
* Assisting with subscription sales
* Other administrative duties as needed
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with credit card transactions and cash handling
* Ability to work independently, with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Self-motivated individual with a commitment to positive, friendly customer service
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
* Experience working in a ticketing database, Tessitura highly preferred but not required
* Knowledge and appreciation for theatre and the performing arts
* Required education: High school or equivalent
How to apply:
Include "Box Office Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Job Location: Santa Barbara, CA